Water Efficiency Project Officer
Would you like to join an organisation taking real action for people and the environment?
PECT is an independent charity creating sustainable places by supporting the reduction of resource use, enhancing the natural environment, educating on the changes needed and improving the health and wellbeing of communities that we work with.
Based at the entrance to a country park on the outskirts of Peterborough, PECT is a fun and dynamic place to work. We deliver real impact and benefits for the environment and our values are based around our team, partners and those we work with:
- Change – Creating sustainable places that are better for people and the environment
- Expertise – Use knowledge and experience to design and deliver meaningful impact
- People – Strong and vibrant team who are committed to sustainability
- Together – We take collaborative action to create positive change
Purpose of role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join PECT in a new and exciting role supporting communities to save water and money through installing water efficiency measures such as a water meter. PECT are partnering with Anglian Water to help support their drive towards water efficiency.
The Anglian Water region is one of the driest in the UK, with an extensive coastline and low-lying land. This makes it particularly vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Despite the perception it rains a lot, the Anglian Water region receives 1/3 less rainfall than the rest of the UK.
Anglian Water domestic customers use an average of 136 litres of water a day. Some of this is wasted through poor water use or inefficient appliances such as leaking toilets. Anglian Water is campaigning to encourage people to use less water. During the current COVID-19 crisis, as expected, Anglian Water customers have been using more water, with a daily usage that is similar to weekend use. Despite the pandemic there is still a need to ensure water saving messages are continued and for Anglian Water to encourage customers to sign up to have
water meters installed.
Anglian Water know that having a meter is one of the best ways to encourage customers to save water and they would like to raise awareness of the benefits of having a meter and dispel the myth that having a meter costs customers more money.
One of the approaches Anglian Water wishes to undertake is a campaign of door-to-door engagement throughout the areas with the least take up of water meters. The aims are to deliver one-to-one advice and practical tips to educate people on how they can save water and money, by taking some simple and
easy measures. You will be provided with daily targets for the number of households to engage, in pre-determined areas of the city and will have your own specific target of sign-ups to metering over the length of your contract. We will also offer a weekly incentive of a £20 shopping voucher for the team
member who makes the most sign-ups each week.
Full training will be provided, and you will be supported throughout the project by PECT’s Health and Wellbeing Lead.
Based: This position will be based around the city of Peterborough
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Closing Date for applications: Ongoing
Interview Date: Interviews will be conducted throughout the recruitment period
Start Date: 11th January 2021
End Date: 31st March 2022
Hours/Week: 30 hours per week from 2pm to 8pm
Work outside normal hours: Evening and weekend work will be required
Reports to: Health and Wellbeing Lead
- To make appointments for Anglian Water customers to have a water meter fitted via door to door knocking.
- To demonstrate the benefits of saving water for Anglian Water customers.
- To reduce household water bills.
- To encourage customers to learn more about their water use and how they can reduce water use.
- To provide Anglian Water customers with information on how to save water.
- To encourage Anglian Water customers to engage with My Account/My App –
- Anglian Water online billing platforms.
- To assist eligible Anglian Water customers to sign up to the Priority Service
- Register and raise awareness of the help available through water tariffs.
- To keep an accurate record of all households visited and the outcome of each visit
- To provide a high level of customer service, upholding PECT’s values and adhering to our code of conduct at all times
You will be eager to meet the challenges of this project and be happy to hit the ground running. You will be the kind of person who is outgoing and happy to talk to anyone. You will have a positive attitude and will be able to handle the physical demands of a job which will involve extended periods outdoors in all
- Confident communicator, both verbal and written. Comfortable communicating face to face
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to engage participants
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to organise work effectively to a schedule
- Comfortable using technology as part of your job, including tablet computers
- Attention to detail and ability to collect and collate accurate data
- Possess a flexible and can-do attitude
- Experience in a customer service or other public facing role
- Local knowledge of Peterborough and the surrounding area
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental/sustainable development issues
- Willingness to use sustainable transport for work wherever possible
Apply for this role
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]. We prefer to receive applications electronically; however, we do accept postal application to the address below.
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If shortlisted for interview you will be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Karen Igho, [email protected] or call 01733 568408 ext 310
Postal address: PECT, Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
For some activities, such as working directly with children on a regular basis, a DBS check may be required.
This is a description of the job, as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of the Trust periodically to examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. The appropriate Manager in consultation with the post holder will conduct this procedure.
In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to your job description following consultation.
The Job Description was compiled by Karen Igho on 19th November 2021