Who are we?
Welcome to PECT! We’re a charity that is helping to protect and enhance the environment. PECT was originally set up as ‘Peterborough Environment City Trust’ after Peterborough’s designation in 1992 as one of four UK Environment Cities, along with Leeds, Leicester and Middlesbrough.
What do we do?
Globally we are using more resources than the planet can renew each year. This means that we are emitting more carbon than the oceans and forests can absorb, we are catching more fish, felling more trees, harvesting more, and consuming more water than the Earth is able to produce in the same period.
Things urgently need to change in order to protect our natural environment and enjoy a better quality of life for ourselves, our families and future generations.
PECT aims to play a part in tackling these issues through delivering projects of local, regional and national significance. We work with communities, schools, businesses and voluntary organisations to deliver projects that make a real difference to the environment and people’s lives.
To protect and enhance the environment throughout Peterborough and beyond.
By this, we mean that: the natural environment is healthy, communities are involved in their area, health and wellbeing is improved for all, resource use is responsible and doesn’t compromise the needs of others, now and into the future.
- Proactive – Forward thinking and enthusiastic in seeking solutions
- Professional – Meeting and exceeding our organisational professional standards
- Empowering – Supporting others with information and resources to help them take responsibility
- Enterprising – Innovative and opportunistic in our approach
- Collaborative – Seeking effective ways to work together and achieve more impact
- Communicative – Raising awareness of the work we do and other important sustainability issues
- Transformative – Creating real change to benefit people and the environment
- True to our word – We work with integrity and are consistent, fair, honest and open in our approach
How we’re funded
PECT is a charity: we rely entirely on voluntary donations, grants from organisations, and income from delivering contracts to fund our vital work.click here to donate
Meet the Team
We believe in making a difference. PECT’s work is carried out by a passionate and enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers. Find out more about us!
Work for us
Interested in making change happen? Want to create lasting improvements for future generations? Take a look and see what roles we have available.