Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.pect.org.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Peterborough Environment City Trust is the data controller.
1. Definitions and interpretations
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).|
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Peterborough Environment City Trust via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the GDPR.|
|Peterborough Environment City Trust, or us||Peterborough Environment City Trust, Registered Charity No. 1023929 and Company No. 2834975, whose registered office is at The Green House, 4-6 Cowgate, Peterborough PE1 1NA.|
|User or You||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Peterborough Environment City Trust and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Peterborough Environment City Trust and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Peterborough Environment City Trust and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Peterborough Environment City Trust and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.|
|UK and EU Cookie Law
|the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
the website that you are currently using, www.pect.org.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it; and
3 DATA COLLECTED
3.1 We will collect and process the following data about you:
3.1.1 Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
3.1.2 Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet (automatically collected), browser type and version (automatically collected), time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, your activity on our Website, the site you exit to (automatically collected) length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3.1.3 Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
4 OUR USE OF DATA
4.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1.1 Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form OR registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
4.1.2 Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
4.1.3 Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4.2 Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose it has been collected for.
4.3 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
4.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
4.5 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR and will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
4.6 For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
5.1 As per the GDPR Data subjects have the following rights:
- Right to be informed about the processing of their personal data
- Right to rectification if their personal data is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right of access to their personal data and supplementary information, and the right to confirmation that their personal data is being processed
- Right to be forgotten by having their personal data deleted or removed on request where there is no compelling reason for an organisation to continue to process it
- Right to restrict processing of their personal data, for example, if they consider that processing is unlawful or the data is inaccurate
- Right to data portability of their personal data for their own purposes
- Right to object to the processing of their personal data for direct marketing, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
5.2 You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and]
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Peterborough Environment City Trust our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5.3 You may not transfer any of your rights under this policy to any other person. We may transfer our rights under this policy where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
5.4 Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
6 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
6.1 Peterborough Environment City Trust may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
6.3 Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7 LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8 CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
8.2 We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
8.3 In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
9 CONTROLLING USE OF YOUR DATA
9.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
10 FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE
10.1 To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
11 ACCESSING YOUR OWN DATA
11.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of any information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR.
11.3 If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
11.4 Our Data Protection Officer is Selina Wilson and you can contact her at email@example.com. The response time for subject access requests, once received, is one month.
11.5 If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
12 WHERE WE STORE YOU DATA
12.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
12.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
13.1 Data security is of great importance to Peterborough Environment City Trust and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
13.2 If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
13.3 We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
14.1 This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our Website. Peterborough Environment City Trust has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
14.2 All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
14.3 By visiting this website you are giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Peterborough Environment City Trust to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
14.4 This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
14.5 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
14.6 You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
14.7 It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
15 DATA BREACHES
15.1 Any breaches of personal data will be reported to the ICO within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach.
15.2 if the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals rights and freedoms then we will inform those individuals without undue delay.
15.3 We will keep a record of any personal data breaches.