Volunteer with us
Want to be part of a friendly team and experience what it is like to work in an environment where what really matters is the environment? Then this is your opportunity to become part of the volunteer team at PECT.
As a charity, PECT relies on support from local people to ensure we can keep delivering our vital work.
Register your interest
Want to keep up-to-date about local volunteering opportunities? Fill in your details to sign up to our newsletter so we can keep you informed.
You can choose to opt out at any time by emailing [email protected] or clicking the unsubscribe button in the newsletter.
Why should you get involved?
- All of our volunteer roles are flexible – this means you are not required to commit to working a certain number of hours, just when you can, whether it be for an occasional hour here or there or a couple of days a week
- We offer a friendly working environment where all volunteers are made to feel welcome and part of the team
- It’s a great opportunity to socialise and meet other like-minded volunteers
- You can try your hand at lots of different things and perhaps even learn a new skill or two
- We have an innovative culture and frequently look to offer new and exciting projects. With this in mind, we welcome any ideas and suggestions from our staff and volunteers
- Enjoy the ‘feel-good’ factor of making a real, long-term difference for local places and people
If we want to have a big impact in preserving the planet, it important that we focus on the small changes we can make and that’s why we need your help to clean up our local river ways, woodlands, streets and communities!
A big part of our work is engaging with communities. This is why we are looking for your help to engage with the local community at events throughout the year.
We are looking for people who are passionate about taking action in their local community to help us to plant more trees to improve the landscape.
Help us shout about the environment and the work that we’re doing! You’ll be part of a team of social media promoters, event organisers, fun runners, supporters and fundraisers.
If office-based work is where your interests or skillset lies, one of our voluntary office roles may be perfectly suited to you.
The Engagement Officer Volunteer will have the opportunity to work with PECT to create a variety of engagement resources for the BLUEPRINT project. These will depend on the volunteers’ interests and could include content creation, graphic design, and/or social media marketing.
The Community Lead Volunteer will engage new and existing community groups and volunteer schemes to reduce their waste and inform them of the BLUEPRINT project. They will act as a voice for and could: help run events (in-person or virtually), put up posters in busy areas and/or offer advice to engage their community and wider audiences.
Recycling Champions & Reuse & Repair Enthusiasts
All our BLUEPRINT volunteers will receive support from the PECT team. We hope to create a community of like-minded individuals to spread the importance of waste reduction and recycling and create long-lasting behaviour changes.
We want members of the public and businesses that have a flair for repair, upcycling or reuse to help us spread the word, put on workshops, create how-to-videos and share practical skills.
Email [email protected] to find out more and sign up!
Latest from #teamPECT on Social Media