Marketing and Communications Manager – Maternity Cover
PECT is an independent charity that is helping to protect and enhance the environment. Our vision is to create sustainable places, where the natural environment is healthy, communities are involved in their area, health and well-being is improved for all, and where resource use is responsible and doesn’t compromise the needs of others, now and into the future. We champion sustainable practices to leave a lasting legacy for future generations.
Green Energy Switch (GES) is a dynamic, versatile company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK; specialising in working with social landlords and local authorities. Established in 2006 GES is a subsidiary of PECT. Any profits made by GES are gifted back to PECT to help fund its vital work.
Purpose of role:
This is a full time role split across three key areas:
You will be responsible for delivering PECT’s integrated marketing and communications strategy and for proactively raising awareness of the charity and its projects – with a regional, national, and even international focus. This is an all-round marketing role (covering digital, social media, events, promotional materials and advertising) but is heavily weighted towards communications and public relations.
Two days a week will be spent supporting PECT subsidiary, GES, with marketing activity.
Half a day a week of the role is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for working on Eastern New Energy. Eastern New Energy is an ERDF funded project focused on implementing low carbon solutions. PECT is delivering a SME Grant Scheme to support investment by small businesses in energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
Employer: PECT & GES
Based: This position will be based at PECT’s offices: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU, however, remote working will be considered.
Salary (per annum pro rata): £28,000-£29,500
Closing Date for applications: Rolling applications welcomed
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: 4th March 2022
Hours/Week: 37 hours a week, flexible and part time options considered
Work outside normal hours: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Reports to: Director of Operations, PECT and Director, GES
Key responsibilities – across both PECT and GES:
- Deliver the marketing and communications strategy for both organisations and for key projects, ensuring that key objectives are met
- Develop and deliver promotional activities for local, national and international projects (audiences include business, schools and communities), ensuring they meet funder requirements
- Forge and develop new and existing relationships with supporters and key audiences (including the media) to motivate them to continue their support and form closer links with the organisations
- Coordinate and manage communications with the media regarding proactive and reactive enquiries in-line with protocols
- Manage reputation and public image
- Oversee events where appropriate, supervising and managing staff or contractors to ensure they deliver the best possible event
- Oversee online marketing and relevant social networking to ensure content is always up to date and engaging
- Manage contractors/services including web, design agencies to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Manage marketing budgets
- Play an active role in project delivery as appropriate
- Report marketing activity and Return on Investment to Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees/Board of Directors
- Represent PECT and GES at meetings and events to build partnerships.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in marketing and communications
- Experience of digital media, including managing and updating websites and social media
- Good understanding and experience of marketing and communications tools including online advertising, e-newsletters, events, and media relations and how they can be applied effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and adept at drafting clear and concise articles and press releases.
- Track record of successful media engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to encourage collaboration.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and to complete tasks with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to prioritise and manage a wide range of tasks and to be proactive, reactive and well organised
- Experience of managing contractors.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and organise work effectively to a tight schedule and to completion
- Proven track record of meeting challenging KPIs and targets
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple tasks/activities/events at one time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work independently and use own initiative, and within a small team
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
- Ability to transport equipment to events and undertake manual handling
- Willingness to learn and undertake training where appropriate
- Be committed to continuous professional development
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental/sustainable development issues.
Apply for this role
For more information about the role please read the Role Profile. Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]. We prefer to receive applications electronically; however, we understand not everyone has access to the internet, therefore, you can also post your application to the address below.
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If shortlisted for interview you may be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Laura Fanthorpe, [email protected] or call 01733 568408
Postal address: PECT, Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
For some activities, such as working directly with children on a regular basis, a DBS check may be required.