Project Coordinator and Marketing Officer
PECT is an independent charity that is helping to protect and enhance the environment. Our vision is to create sustainable places, where the natural environment is healthy, communities are involved in their area, health and well-being is improved for all, and where resource use is responsible and doesn’t compromise the needs of others, now and into the future. We champion sustainable practices in order to leave a lasting legacy for future generations.
Purpose of role:
To provide project and marketing support for two European-funded projects:
Cool Food Pro and BLUEPRINT to a Circular Economy.
BLUEPRINT to a Circular Economy aims to initiate the new policies, strategies and approaches required by local authorities to unlock sustainable and inclusive growth opportunities through the transition to a circular economy.
It will upskill 18 social enterprises to train 2,000 disadvantaged individuals with the skills they require to secure new jobs linked to circular economy growth (increased recycling, reverse logistics and secondary markets). PECT are also running a series of pilot schemes in Peterborough in households, schools and digitally to improve recycling rates and reduce waste. PECT is working as part of a consortium of French and English partners to implement the programme.
COOL FOOD PRO aims to promote long-term behaviour change, across both the public and private catering sectors through promoting the following actions:
- Buying local and seasonal ingredients
- Increasing the number of plant-based meals
- Reducing the amount of food and packaging waste
With oversight from the PECT Marketing and Communications Manager, the Project Coordinator and Marketing Officer will work to promote the projects, recruit participants through a range of marketing and communications activities and create engaging content to support both projects. It is anticipated that the role will be split 50/50 between both projects.
Based: This position will be based at PECT’s offices: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU. Hybrid working is currently in place with two days per week in the office.
Closing Date for applications: Interviews will be on a rolling basis
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 2023
Hours/Week: 37 hours
Work outside normal hours: Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
Reports to: Operations Director / BLUEPRINT Project Manager
- Recruit and train social enterprises on circular economy principles
- Recruit and train caterers on moving towards sustainable catering practices
- Work with the wider team to develop pilot programmes to improve recycling rates and promote low carbon diets
- Undertake research and formulate recommendations to support evidence-based project planning and decision making
- Develop and deliver promotional activities for BLUEPRINT and Cool Food Pro ensuring they meet funder requirements
- Oversee and manage digital marketing and relevant social networking to ensure content is up to date and engaging
- Attend events including transporting equipment and setting up stands
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication and management to engage key partners, and ensure project deliverables are met
- Plan and execute a series of events and activities to promote projects and secure uptake
- Undertake a range of day-to-day project administration activities
- Support and get involved in other PECT activities and initiatives where applicable
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by line manager
- Ensure that all processes are completed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner at the prescribed quality in accordance with quality procedures and in line with Interreg funding requirements
Short listing criteria (obtained from application)
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Experience in marketing and communications
- Experience working in partnership with a range of stakeholders and groups, e.g. local authorities, social enterprises, interest groups, etc
- Good experience of IT, especially proficiency in Microsoft Office Software.
- Knowledge of circular economy principles
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and organise work effectively to a tight schedule and to completion
- Ability to transport equipment to events and undertake manual handling
- Proven track record of meeting challenging KPIs and targets
- Experience of community projects, engaging and empowering members of the community
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple tasks/activities/events at one time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and use own initiative, and within a small team
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
- Willingness to learn and undertake training where appropriate
- Knowledge of sustainable catering practises’
- Be committed to continuous professional development
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental/sustainable development issues
Apply for this role
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]. We prefer to receive applications electronically; however, we understand not everyone has access to the internet, therefore, you can also post your application to the address below.
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If shortlisted for interview you may be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Stuart Dawks, [email protected] or call 01733 568408
Postal address: PECT, Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
For some activities, such as working directly with children on a regular basis, a DBS check may be required.