30 community grants to celebrate 30 years of PECT
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in your community and the environment? Do you have an idea for a project that can help create a more sustainable future for Peterborough and beyond? If so, you might be eligible for a 30 for 30 community grant from PECT!
Entries open – Thursday 19th October 2023
Closing date – 5pm, Thursday 30th November 2023
Winners notified by Friday 12th January 2024
Please note all projects or stages of projects that you are applying for funding for, must be completed by Tuesday 31st December 2024
Grants to be given out
Years of creating sustainable places
As part of our 30th anniversary celebrations, we are offering grants of between £250 to £1000 to support 30 community-led projects, within 30 miles of Peterborough, that align with our vision and values.
To apply for a 30 for 30 community grant, you need to:
- Visit the PECT website and learn more about our work and impact.
- Show how your project will contribute to one or more of the following goals:
- creating, increasing or enhancing key wildlife habitats
- helping communities understand, appreciate and enjoy their natural spaces;
- promoting public health and wellbeing;
- tackling the climate emergency;
- supporting sustainable education;
- reducing waste, increasing recycling or adapting to a circular economy.
- Involve local people in developing and delivering your project, and ensure that your project site is public and accessible to all. We actively encourage groups from all different backgrounds to apply.
- Specify if you need any advice or support from PECT – our friendly team are happy to help if needed.
- Complete the application form
- Provide a clear budget and timeline for your project, and explain how you will measure and report on your outcomes.
- If your project will involve young people or adults at risk please provide relevant safeguarding policies or details of how you will manage your safeguarding responsibilities during the project.
You can apply as an individual or as part of an organisation, such as a parish or town council, a neighbourhood group, a sports club or a youth group, a faith group, or anything else in between. Once you have submitted your application, we may contact you to get some more details about your project, we like to keep things as simple as possible so this will only happen if necessary.
Please note we cannot fund any groups, organisations or work that is political (supporting or opposing a political party) or which is commercial in nature or otherwise intended for private benefit.
To apply, please fill in the application form and email it to [email protected] by 30th November 2023.
example projects that you could apply for:
- Tree and wildflower planting to create habitats for wildlife and improve air quality.
- Bring and share lunch to encourage social cohesion and reduce food waste.
- Community fridge to share surplus food and prevent food poverty.
- Environmental talks to raise awareness and inspire action on environmental issues.
- Purchase of tools to manage a community green space and enhance its biodiversity.
- Purchase of bike or e-bike to encourage sustainable transport and reduce carbon emissions.