Offering environmental support to businesses in Hertfordshire
PECT has received funding from the Hertfordshire Health Board to deliver support via it’s Community Wealth Building Programme, which is itself funded by the Community Renewal Fund
PECT will work closely with 20 micro businesses and 5 Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations (including Registered Charities) across Hertfordshire to help them operate more sustainably and reduce their environmental impacts, with a focus on reducing energy use.
During April, May and June, beneficiaries will be able to join two fully funded workshops designed to help them quickly identify ways to reduce costs and enhance their environmental performance. After successfully completing these workshops participants will then have the opportunity to be enrolled in the iiE (Investors in the Environment) national accreditation scheme with a fully funded 12 month Starter Level Membership*.
benefits of participating
Participating organisations will have the opportunity to realise the following benefits :
- Benefit from knowledge sharing and networking participating alongside similar organisations
- Understand your resource use and general environmental impacts
- Develop an environmental policy to share with customers and other stakeholders
- Understand how to manage and reduce energy use and develop an Energy Action Plan
- Understand the benefits of the Investors in the Environment Scheme and how best to achieve accreditation by the end of the initial 12-month membership period (optional).
- Access to the Investors in the Environment portal including the learning management system and digital resources
- Access to case studies and a comprehensive online resource of relevant news articles
To find out more and sign up please email: [email protected] with ‘Community Wealth Building’ in the subject box.
*Businesses will be required to attend both workshops before they are eligible for their fully funded iiE membership which will run for 12 months.