- This event has passed.
Modernising and Decarbonising Energy in the UK Forum (Live Streaming)
Friday 30th October 2020 9:00am – 1.30pm
Westminster Insight’s half-day forum will explore plans to achieve net-zero targets, discuss energy efficiency measures for buildings and review technologies that will accelerate the decarbonisation of the energy sector. We will also review the impact of Covid 19 on the energy sector, the decline in fossil fuels consumption and the implications for the renewables and decarbonisation.
Join your peers and thought leaders from the energy industry and central government to gain practical strategies that can support the transformation of the energy sector and lead the way to a greener future.
The Rt. Hon Lord Deben, Chairman, Committee on Climate Change
- Frances Warburton, Director, Energy System Transition, Ofgem
- Hedd Roberts, Head of Customer Solutions, Electricity Transmission, National Grid
- Chris Jofeh, Chair of Welsh Government Advisory Group on Decarbonisation of Existing Housing, and Consultant, Arup
- Laura Sandys, Chair, Energy Data Taskforce
- Chris Clarke,Energy Strategy Director, Wales and West Utilities
- Dr Rebecca Heaton, Head of Climate Change, Drax
- Ian Rose, Professional Services Director, PassivSystems
- Adriana Rodriguez Cobas, Head of Assets and Operations, Vattenfall Heat
- David Watson, Director, Group Strategic Planning, Centrica
- Maria Varbeva-Daley, Energy Sector Lead, BSI
- Charles Wood, Head of New Energy Services & Heat, Energy UK
- Joseph Dutton, Policy Adviser E3G
- Clare Jackson, Programme Manager, HydrogenHub and Hydrogen Taskforce
- Rob Wood, Chief Executive, Gasrec
- John Comer, Product Manager, Volvo Truck
• Discuss policy solutions and future regulation designed to reach net-zero targets and make energy efficient, flexible, and sustainable
• Explore the impact of COVID 19 on energy demand, consumption and the resilience of renewable energy sector
• Explore the critical role that interconnectors play in the UK’s transition to clean energy resources
• Review how hydrogen is creating new pathways and platforms to greater decarbonisation of the energy system
• Deliver zero carbon electricity to decarbonise heat in buildings and using technology to accelerate modernisation of the system
• Maximise the potential of next generation of cutting-edge automotive technologies to respond to market changes and customer demands
A Westminster Insight event.
- Charges may apply